Friday, September 5, 2008

Choosing the right slogan

For my first protest I spent a long time trying to come up with the perfect slogan. A play on words maybe or something amusing and memorable. It wasn't until the morning of the protest that I came up with a slogan I could be happy with. I was really chuffed with it:

'Oh Lords, Please say no to 42 days' I was chuffed when I saw it written up in big letters on the sign, I was chuffed and smiling to myself as I drove to Dublin with my sign in the back of the car. I was chuffed as I walked down the street towards the British Embassy. I thought I was really clever right until the moment when I hoisted it into the air. It was only then that I realised that my sign made it look like I was religious. I am not religious and I didn't want my protest to be coloured by religion.

Still I was there and without the sign I would have just been a person walking up and down outside the embassy so I used it.

Next time I'm going to need a better slogan, any ideas are very very welcome...

No comments: